In-Home ABA Therapy
What to expect:
- An initial intake will be completed with the Program Coordinator.
- Once completed, a BCBA will be assigned to your child’s case. That BCBA will schedule an assessment with your child. An assessment typically takes 2-4 visits, each visit approximately 2 hours in length. Assessment tools utilized vary based on the need and skill level of your child. Typical assessment tools used include: VB MAPP, ABLLS, Essentials for Living, and the TRIAD social skills assessment.
- Upon completion of the assessment, the BCBA will compile a report of the results and develop goals to target deficits. Number of hours per week will be recommended at this time. Recommended hours vary based upon skill deficits. Goals vary based on need, but typically target skill areas such as language (requests/mands, labeling/tacts, and conversational skills/intraverbals), self-care/daily living skills, motor skills, reduction of problem behavior, etc.
- After developing goals and programming, the BCBA will begin training staff (Registered Behavior Technicians) to implement programming.
- Your child’s assigned BCBA will be out to train staff and oversee programming on a regular basis, typically once a week.
- Progress on goals will be reported quarterly.